Do you want to attract your ideal clients rather than just randomly attracting people who are not a real match for you or your business?
The bottom line for our businesses is that we need to make money and for most of us that comes from paying clients/customers. In this post, I’m going to help you use the law of attraction to attract your ideal clients.
I’ve read a lot about getting clear about who your ideal client is and today I want to share my own recommendations.
What I’ve learned through years of coaching and of course running my own business is that CLARITY is super important. It’s the equivalent of laying strong foundations when building a house.
When you are clear about the sort of clients you want, you become more and more of a match for attracting those clients.
Step One: Get clear about who your ideal client is
If you have a specific client that is ideal for your business that’s great, really get specific. So let’s say you run a kids club in your local town. You can get really specific about things like this.
My ideal clients…
- Have at least 1 child under 4 years old
- Have a good income so that they can afford weekly sessions and purchase extras such as t-shirts, sweatshirts…
- Live within 5 miles of the club
These are quite standard ideas.
Another example, this time for a small hairdressing salon.
My ideal clients…
- Have a high income
- Value their appearance and are happy to spend money regularly to keep their hair in good condition
- Want more than a cut and dry. They want a luxury experience.
- Females 30+
This deals with things like are they male/female, what would their average spend be, where do they live, how old are they…?
Now we’re going to dig a little deeper.
Step Two: Get clear about how you want to feel and how you want your client to feel
First a little law of attraction reminder. The law of attraction definitely responds to our feelings. This is really important.
If you feel negative about any aspect of your business, it forms a block for you.
If you feel positive about your business (successful, confident, happy…) you become a match for attracting more of the things you want into your life and business.
Think of yourself working with a client. How do YOU want to feel?
Just for a minute take out of the picture those practical things like what they will buy, how much they will spend, where they live…
What I want you to do is imagine you are working with your ideal client and how that feels for you.
Here are some examples
- I want to feel that I am really helping my client
- I want to feel calm and relaxed with this client so that I am easily able to give them my best
- I want to feel in control of the relationship
- I want to feel valued
- I want to feel respected
- I want to feel confident
How do you want to feel? Get a sheet of paper or a notebook and actually write it down.
Remember CLARITY IS KEY.
How do you want your client to feel?
- I want my client to feel that they are safe with me
- I want my client to feel confident in my abilities
- I want my client to feel calm and relaxed
- I want my client to feel valued
- I want my client to feel respected
- I want my client to feel like they are getting good value
- I want my client to feel like they are being treated in a luxurious way
- I want my client to feel like they are valued as a customer no matter how much they spend
- I want my client to feel happy …
How do you want your clients to feel? Again write it down.
Step Three: What do you expect from your clients?
We often focus on what a client expects from our business, but when we’re focusing on ATTRACTING our Ideal Client, it’s important to get clear about what you expect from your clients.
Here are some ideas
- I want them to show up on time
- I want them to be prepared for our time together
- I want them to tell other people about the good service they received with me
- I want them to stay connected with me on social media/newsletters
- If we agree on action to be taken, I expect them to do it
- I expect them to be open and honest with me and with themselves.
- I expect them to be polite and friendly
- I expect them to pay on time
- I expect them to take my recommendations…
These are just a few ideas. I want to encourage you to really think about what you expect from your clients and again write it down.
Steps Four: Keep fine-tuning with your clients
Keep your ideal client list handy so that you can refer back to it and review each client interaction.
Check your list and ask “What DID I like about working with this client?” and “What DIDN’T I like about working with this client?”
If there are things you didn’t like, even a little thing, make a note of it and write down what you do want.
Here’s an example of how I’d write it down and then put the intention out for what I do want.
- I didn’t like my client not being prepared for the call
- Ask “What do I want?”
- I want my clients to turn up on time and be fully prepared for the call.
It’s not a one-time exercise, do this ongoing.
Put your focus mostly on the things you did like.
Example to finish off this exercise: There we a few things that weren’t quite right, this is what they were and this is what I want. What I REALLY LOVED about working with this client was…”
Use this exercise as an ongoing business tool. As your business develops your ideal client may change too. That key question is “What did I love about working with this client? What do I want to change?
I still use this technique now that I’m a full-time blogger. I will review my day and ask “What did I like about today? What went well and what do I want to change?”
Also, if you are currently struggling to get clients, this is a really powerful exercise. The law of attraction gives us what we focus on the most, so by doing this exercise, you are going to be completely focused on attracting your ideal clients.
If you’ve found this post helpful I encourage you to download the Law of attraction business planning pack.
Remember your key questions -What did I love about working with this client? What didn’t go so well and what do I want instead? What went well and what do I want to change?
Next, I’m going to share some special techniques to really help you create the right mindset to help you be a perfect match for your ideal clients – Ideal customers.
Visualize the people you want to attract to your business
Visualizing is so incredibly powerful. The more you can imagine yourself already having what you want, the easier it is to ALLOW this into your reality. The Universe will try to match it.
Simply, imagine dealing with your ideal clients however that works in your business. If you’re a hairdresser with luxury salon, imagine actually greeting your perfect client, working with that person and then them leaving and telling you what a wonderful experience they have had with you.
Now, I don’t have much interaction with my clients (the people who read my blogs or buy my downloads) but I can imagine people sending me lovely messages of thanks for my support. I can imagine seeing my page views get higher and higher and I can imagine seeing that when people are visiting my blog they are visiting lots of different pages…
Affirmations to attract your ideal clients
Affirmations are a great way to keep your focus on what you are trying to attract. Helping you to be a match for the business you want.
Here are a few ideas…
- I easily attract my ideal clients
- My ideal clients love working with me
- My ideal clients easily find me
Use EFT – Emotional Freedom Techniques
If you’re new to EFT, I encourage you to read my Emotional Freedom Techniques Guide. This is a powerful technique that is perfect for clearing blocks and raising your vibration to help you feel fantastic about your business.
Tapping the side of your hand – Set-up statement – I’m tapping today to allow my ideal clients to easily find me. To be a perfect match for my ideal clients and release any resistance. (repeat 3 times)
Now at each point simply say “My Ideal Clients. The tapping points are… Top of the head, forehead, eyebrow, side of the eye, under the nose, under the mouth, collarbone, under the arm. Repeat several times and enjoy taking this time.
Attract your ideal clients recap
- Get clear about who your ideal client is
- How do you want to feel working with this client?
- How do you want your clients to feel?
- What do you expect from your client?
- Keep fine-tuning what you want
- Visualize working with your perfect clients
- Use affirmations to support you
- Use EFT to release blocks
That’s it, you’re good to go. Read more about using the law of attraction in your business to create your ideal business.
Also, watch these videos on my YouTube channel
My business is a huge success – EFT, and affirmation video.
And browse through my Ideal Business playlist.
Wishing you every success in your business. Please ask if you have any questions.