Do you want to attract your ideal clients rather than just randomly attracting people who are not a real match for you or your business? The bottom line for our businesses is that we need
The bottom line for our businesses is that we need paying clients/customers. In this post, I’m going to help you use the law of attraction to attract your ideal clients.
I’ve read a lot about getting clear about who your ideal client is and today I want to share my own recommendations.
What I’ve learned through years of coaching and of course running my own business is that CLARITY is super important. It’s the equivalent of laying strong foundations when building a house.
When you are clear about the sort of clients you want, you become more and more of a match for attracting those clients.
Step One: Get clear about who your ideal client is
If you have a specific client that is ideal for your business that’s great, really get specific. So let’s say you run a kids club in your local town. You can get really specific about things like this.
My ideal clients…
- Have at least 1 child under 4 years old
- Have a good income so that they can afford weekly sessions and purchase extras such as t-shirts, sweatshirts…
- Live within 5 miles of the club
These are quite standard ideas.
Another example, this time for a small hairdressing salon.
My ideal clients…
- Have a high income
- Value their appearance and are happy to spend money regularly to keep their hair in good condition
- Want more than a cut and dry. They want a luxury experience.
- Females 30+
This deals with things like are they male/female, what would their average spend be, where do they live, how old are they…?
Step Two: Get clear about how you want to feel and how you want your client to feel
First a little law of attraction reminder. The law of attraction definitely responds to our feelings. This is really important.
If you feel negative about any aspect of your business, it forms a block for you.
If you feel positive (successful, confident, happy…) you become a match for attracting more of the things you want into your life and business.
Think of yourself working with a client. How do YOU want to feel?
Just for a minute take out of the picture those practical things like what they will buy, how much they will spend, where they live…
What I want you to do is imagine you are working with your ideal client and how that feels for you.
Here are some examples
- I want to feel that I am really helping my client
- I want to feel calm and relaxed with this client so that I am easily able to give them my best
- I want to feel in control of the relationship
- I want to feel valued
- I want to feel respected
- I want to feel confident
How do you want to feel? Get a sheet of paper or a notebook and actually write it down.
Remember CLARITY IS KEY.
How do you want your client to feel?
- I want my client to feel that they are safe with me
- I want my client to feel confident in my abilities
- I want my client to feel calm and relaxed
- I want my client to feel valued
- I want my client to feel respected
- I want my client to feel like they are getting good value
- I want my client to feel like they are being treated in a luxurious way
- I want my client to feel like they are valued as a customer no matter how much they spend
- I want my client to feel happy …
How do you want your clients to feel? Again write it down.
Step Three: What do you expect from your clients?
We often focus on what a client expects from our business, but when we’re focusing on ATTRACTING our Ideal Client, it’s important to get clear about what you expect from your clients.
Here are some ideas
- I want them to show up on time
- I want them to be prepared for our time together
- I want them to tell other people about the good service they received with me
- I want them to stay connected with me on social media/newsletters
- If we agree on action to be taken, I expect them to do it
- I expect them to be open and honest with me and with themselves.
- I expect them to be polite and friendly
- I expect them to pay on time
- I expect them to take my recommendations…
These are just a few ideas. I want to encourage you to really think about what you expect from your clients and again write it down.
Steps Four: Keep fine tuning with your clients
Keep your ideal client list handy so that you can refer back to it and review each client interaction.
Check your list and ask What DID I like about working with this client?” and “What DIDN’T I like about working with this client?”
If there are things you didn’t like, even a little thing, make a note of it and write down what you do want.
Here’s an example of how I’d write it down and then put the intention out for what I do want.
- I didn’t like my client not being prepared for the call
- Ask “What do I want?”
- I want my clients to turn up on time and be fully prepared for the call.
I still use this technique when I work with clients. It’s not a one-time exercise, do this ongoing.
Put your focus mostly on the things you did like.
Example to finish off this exercise: There we a few things that weren’t quite right, this is what they were and this is what I want. What I REALLY LOVED about working with this client was…”
Use this exercise as an ongoing business tool. As your business develops your ideal client may change too. That key question is “What did I love about working with this client?
Also, if you are currently struggling to get clients, this is a really powerful exercise. The law of attraction gives us what we focus on the most, so by doing this exercise, you are going to be completely focused on attracting your ideal clients.
Remember your key questions -What did I love about working with this client? What didn’t go so well and what do I want instead?
Now you know how to attract your ideal clients. Please ask in the comments below if you have questions.
Read more about using the law of attraction in your business to create your ideal business.
Also, watch these videos on my YouTube channel
My business is a huge success – EFT and affirmation
Ideal Business playlist
Pin the image below so that you can keep coming back to this post.