In any business, we have ups and downs and it’s important to do everything you can to stay focused, positive and motivated to keep going even when things aren’t going as well as you’d like.
I love quotes. I spend way too much time browsing quotes on Pinterest. What did I ever do before Pinterest?
Today I’ve put together 6 fantastic Motivation Quotes for Business Success and something about the person behind each quote. Plus how these quotes have motivated me in my own business.
Disclosure – Please be aware that I have included some Amazon Affiliate links in this post for some books I’ve mentioned. I hope you find this helpful.
6 Motivational Quotes for Business Success
- Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless – Thomas A. Edison
- When Henry Ford made cheap, reliable cars, people said, “Nah, what’s wrong with a horse?” That was a huge bet he made, and it worked – Elon Musk
- Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept trying when there seemed no hope at all – Dale Carnegie
- Try, try, try and keep trying is the rule that must be followed to become an expert in anything – W. Clement Stone
- Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit – Napoleon Hill
- Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else – Sara Blakely
I’ve added my own thoughts on each quote below and at the bottom of this post, you’ll find pinnable images of each quote. Add them to your Business Motivation board on Pinterest.
1. Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless – Thomas A. Edison
What fantastic advice from Thomas A. Edison. Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless.
Thomas Edison was most famously known for inventing the light bulb (Thank you Mr Edison) but did you know he held over 1,000 patents for his inventions?
I always think it would be exciting to be an inventor. But here’s the thing. If you’re inside a building, the chances are somewhere in the room, you’ll have at least one light bulb. But can you name the other 1,000 Plus inventions?
Also, do you think his first attempt was a success? I doubt it. Thank goodness he had this attitude though and kept inventing.
In my own business as a full-time blogger with 4 blogs currently running, I’ve written well over a thousand blog posts. Sometimes I write something that I think is absolutely amazing and it does nothing. But that’s just how it goes sometimes. I just have to keep going. I think the same is true for any business.
2. When Henry Ford made cheap, reliable cars, people said “Nah, what’s wrong with a horse?” That was a huge bet he made and it worked – Elon Musk
Well, Henry Ford certainly did well to ignore the people who didn’t believe in him or his idea. And tech billionaire Elon Musk is obviously doing well to follow this advice.
The only person who really needs to believe in what you’re doing is you. As a Blogger, so many people still have no real idea about what I do for a living and how I make money. And I’ve definitely had suggestions that maybe I should get a ‘real job’ over the years. That’s okay. They don’t understand my goals, my dreams and they don’t need to.
As long as I keep believing in myself and my dreams then that’s really all that matters.
3. Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept trying when there seemed no hope at all – Dale Carnegie
Dale Carnegie was a famous American writer and created famous courses in self-improvement, salesmanship, corporate training, public speaking, and interpersonal skills.
I love this quote. I know I’ve certainly had many times in my life and business where I’ve just thought that there was no hope of succeeding, yet pushing through always paid off.
Dale’s most famous book is probably How to win friends and influence people (you can actually read this book free). Check out his book collection – Dale Carnegie Books – These books are old but still just as valuable as when they were first written.
4. Try, try, try and keep trying is the rule that must be followed to become an expert in anything – W. Clement Stone
So many people give up without really trying and in so many areas of life. Almost all successful people will tell you they failed many, many times and learned from those fails. That’s how it works. Just keep learning more and more.
I absolutely agree with these words of wisdom from W. Clement Stone. Check out his books including The Success System That Never Fails.
5. Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit – Napoleon Hill
I think the vast majority of my business friends would agree with this quote – Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit.
I remember feeling like a complete failure at one point in my business and so many people were encouraging me to quit and get a real job. I remember standing in my home and shouting out “I WILL NOT QUIT!”
I didn’t and I’m so pleased I just refused to quit. Things do get tough and they do test us. Refuse to quit my friend, refuse to quit!
6. Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else – Sara Blakely
Sara Blakely is the founder of Spanx and what inspirational words these are. You know we don’t know everything and that’s okay. We can learn and we can ask for help along the way.
I’d also add… Don’t be intimidated by what others do know or at least seem to know. It’s so easy to think that everyone else knows what they’re doing but often the reality is that they’re either, just like you and learning as they go, or, they’ve been working at becoming an expert for a long time.
Downloads for Business Success
I hope you’ve found this post motivating today. Be sure to pin your favourite quotes. Now, I’d like to tell you about 3 of my BUSINESS SUCCESS Downloads…
Law of attraction Business Planning Pack – This pack is designed to help you effectively use the law of attraction in your business planning to create the business you want.
Business Booster Workbook – If you feel like you’re stuck in a rut in your business, give yourself and your business a power boost with this special workbook.
Ideal Business Workbook – This workbook is specifically designed to help you gain real clarity. You’ll lay the foundations for a successful business.