Business Goals and Planning are the keys to your long-term business success – I absolutely 100% believe we need to have clear and specific goals in our business if we are to succeed.
If we don’t put those goals into a plan of action we can often get 12 months down the line and we haven’t really achieved very much at all. Today I want to give you 3 simple steps to ensure that doesn’t happen.
Some people can just hit the ground running and they just seem to be able to achieve business success without giving it much thought and it just seems to happen.
I am NOT one of those people. Without my goals written down and a clear plan of action, I would most certainly spend the vast majority of my time “wasting my time” being busy doing not so much that actually adds value.
Goals and an action plan for me, make my business work and help me to consistently achieve my business goals.
Business Goals and Planning
My hope is that by sharing these 3 essentials for successful business goals and planning it will really help you to stay focused and be really productive in your business.
Please note that you can start your goal setting at any time. I see so many people set goals at the beginning of the year and then don’t even bother to look at those goals again. This is definitely not how good goal-setting works.
3 essentials for business goals and planning
The one thing I know for sure is that if you don’t currently have the business you want. Something needs to change. Mostly the things that I see need to happen are:
- Clarity in your business
- Your goals, action plan and productivity
- Improve your mindset to be a match for success
1. Clarity is key for business success
Clarity is definitely the key to business success. You don’t need to know all the details and you don’t even need to know how you’re going to make something happen but you really have to get super clear about the main things you want in your business.
What I see happening a lot in business is that people are not clear about what they want and can often end up grabbing at anything they think will help them be successful instead of having a clear focus on what they need to achieve and get done.
Download the IDEAL BUSINESS WORKBOOK – I designed this workbook especially to help people gain real clarity in your business.
Also read these posts…
- Attract your ideal business day
- Attract your ideal business client
- Clarity Exercise And EFT Session For When You’ve Got Too Much Going On
- EFT For Business Success – More Clarity
- 5 clarity questions to get the law of attraction working in your business
2. Goals, action plan and productivity
In any business, you must learn to make the time you work on your business productive. Set your business goals, create an action plan and then get productive. We can all be busy, but if it’s not productive busyness it’s not going to make your business successful.
Goal Setting – What do you ultimately want to achieve in your business? Make that a goal and then break it down into small, manageable chunks to form your current goals. Then take those goals and create your action plan
- Example Big Goal – To have a 6-figure a year blogging business
- Current Goal – To increase my 30-day blog sessions to 50,000
- ACTION PLAN: Every week for the next month, I will add 5 new blog posts
- Today’s Action: Write, publish and share a new blog post, linking it to at least 3 other blog posts
Some key powerful business success questions…
- What do I want to achieve and by when?
- What is the action do I need to take and by when? What’s the first action, then the next, then the next…
- What do I need to do today?
Here’s another example… I want to publish a book by the end of this year. I need to write a full outline of the book and use this as my guide to complete the book (the first step) by the end of this week. My action step for today is to make a list of everything I want to include in my book and then arrange into a logical order.
And another business goal and planning example… I want to be the top recruiter in my network marketing company in my area. I will recruit over 35 new people to join my team of network marketers by the next quarterly meeting. Today’s action… Contact or follow up with 25 people regarding the business opportunity I offer.
Blog posts to read to help with this…
- 8 Productivity tips to avoid distractions in business
- EFT to improve focus and productivity in your business day
- Productivity And Focus Tips For Business Success
- Sleep to improve productivity in your business day (and life)
Your Business Goals And Action Steps
Complete the exercise below. Write down all of your answers and do this exercise daily. Do the exercise for each of your business goals.
- What is your big business goal?
- Break that goal down into small, manageable chunks
- What’s your current goal action plan?
- What action do you need to take today?
This is your business goals planning blueprint for success. Don’t overcomplicate your goals. You need to know what you want to achieve and create your simple action plan to achieve it. Then get on with taking those actions. Prioritize these actions above everything else in your business.
If you can, I highly recommend getting yourself a productivity and accountability partner. Someone who will support you and expect you to do what you say you are going to do.
If you don’t have anyone, post your goals and action plan weekly on the Facebook Page – Morning Business Chat or leave a message below.
More business goal setting posts…
- Massively Effective Goal Setting Tips
- Daily Goal Setting for business success
- Weekly Goal Setting for Business Success
- Monthly Goal Setting For Business Success
- A simple goal setting tip for maximum success
3. Improve your mindset to achieve your business goals
It’s essential to develop a success mindset to support you. At the very least build a ” Can do” mindset. A negative mindset in business will keep you stuck and sabotage your efforts.
3 ways to improve your mindset include…
You’ve got to believe that you can achieve the business you want and this is something you’ll need to work on consistently.
Business Goals And Planning Success
Let’s do a quick recap of what we’ve covered today for business goals and planning success…
- Get super clear about the business you want and use this clarity to create your goals
- Take your big business goals and create a plan of action and then get productive focusing on those actions that ensure you achieve your goals
- Improve your mindset so that it constantly supports you in achieving your business goals
As always, I wish you every success in life and business. Please support this blog and share wherever you can. Thanks so much. Wendy
7 thoughts on “3 Essentials for Successful Business Goals and Planning”
Thanks for this great gift Wendy – goal setting is so important, so anything that makes is a little easier, or more fun, is good news.
Will try to join you on the Blab too x
You’re welcome, yes hope you can make it on Wednesday.
2016 is going to be an amazing and busy year for me so I need to plan and stay focused.Thank you for sharing these tips x
Wishing you every success Verushka, thanks for commenting.
Got my download! I’ve several goals and this is a terrific way to start getting to them! Thanks Wendy!
Thanks for commenting Robyn. I’m so pleased you’ve got the download.
I understand that starting and doing business requires specifics and detailed planning! But it turns out that it is very difficult to foresee everything. Also, when it comes to making specific decisions, I can’t give an exact answer to myself. But I understand that setting goals is the basis without which there will be no development. Thank you for your valuable advice for beginners in business!
Comments are closed.