Please note that this post may contain affiliate links or I may receive payment of some kind for this post. Please see Disclosure Policy
People think I’m crazy when I suggest visualizing to give themselves more time. I mean, I get that it sounds crazy to sit down and daydream when you’ve already got so much to do. But visualizing is so much more than daydreaming. It’s super-charged focused daydreaming with a purpose.
Now that sounds powerful, doesn’t it?
How to visualize.
As the name suggests VISUAL(ize), it’s about creating a visual of something.
3 ways to visualize
- Close your eyes, and relax into a sort of mind movie running in your head. (I like this one).
- Keeping your eyes open and think ahead to what you are going to be doing and plan it out in your head the way you want it to go/to be.
- Talk it through in your head. When you do this you automatically create images in your mind even if you’re not aware of it.
What to visualize to give you more time in 3 steps.
- Visualize yourself doing things efficiently and on time ~ Arriving on time after an enjoyable journey, completing a task well and on time…
- Visualize other people/things ~ We often depend on other people or things like a train arriving on time. So you can visualize the person you have a meeting with arriving on time, your client calling at the exact time you arranged, you’re children being where they are supposed to be at the right time, trains arriving on time, traffic flowing smoothly…
- Visualize yourself having plenty of time to do the things you want. I love this one. So if you always find that in the evenings you’re playing catch up and you never get time to sit down and relax, let alone take half an hour to relax in a nice hot bubble bath, then taking time to visualize doing the things you want to do sets the wheels in motion for it to happen. You get the law of attraction working for you as well as your super powerful subconscious mind.
10 Best times to visualize if you’re already short of time.
If you hit the ground running the minute you get out of bed and don’t stop until you’re back in bed, here are my top 10 times to visualize.
- On the loo (toilet) ~ Seriously we all spend time on the loo, however busy we are, so if it’s the only time you get, use it to visualize yourself more time.
- In the shower or bath.
- On public transport.
- Walking to and from places (not with your eyes closed please)
- When driving ~ Again not with your eyes closed please!!!)
- When waiting in line
- When waiting for anything ~ A friend to arrive, you’re kids coming out of school, the kettle to boil…
- When cooking (Eyes open please)
- In bed just before you leap out in the morning. Go on ~ force yourself.
- In bed as you’re drifting off to sleep.
I hope you’ve found this tip helpful today. Let me know in the comments below.
This blog post is part of a series. To read the rest of my time-management tips, go to Time-Management
OVER TO YOU
Did you find this tip helpful? If you did please share it using the social media buttons below. If you’d like to get to grips with your time management skills please take a moment to subscribe to this blog, so that you get every new post direct to your inbox. You can do this to the right of this post or at the end of this post. I’m going to keep each post short and to the point so that you get the value without it taking up too much of your precious time.
Get It’s Your Time on Amazon